Washington, DC, July 25, 2023–The Equipment Leasing & Finance Foundation (Foundation) announces that five outstanding students are recipients of The Equipment Leasing & Finance Foundation Scholarship, a program for students interested in potentially pursuing a career in the equipment finance industry. Each student will receive a scholarship of $5,000 for the 2023-2024 academic year. The Equipment Leasing & Finance Foundation Scholarship is part of the Foundation’s Academic Outreach Program.
The scholarship recipients are:
- Kyle Bansa, a senior at Towson University studying financial economics and business analytics. Set to graduate later this year, he is currently a summer intern at Bank of America Merrill Lynch part of their Wealth Management Summer Analyst program.
- Lily Chen, a junior at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology majoring in finance. She intends to pursue a career in equipment finance with a focus on innovation around blockchain and AI.
- Quincy Ewudzi-Acquah, a senior at Clark Atlanta University studying business administration and finance. Currently a summer intern at Adient, he also serves as a member of the HBCU Ambassador Leadership Program and as a Morehouse Business Associate.
- Susan Kalinay, pursuing a Master of Business Administration at Wilkes University in Pennsylvania, is set to graduate in 2024. She is also Equipment Finance Operations Coordinator at 1st Equipment Finance – FNCB Bank working in operations and sales support.
- Connor Schwob, a senior at St. John’s University in Minnesota, is studying global business leadership and data analytics. He is currently a product development intern at Optum, part of UnitedHealth Group.
“I’m delighted to congratulate this year’s Foundation scholarship recipients and pleased to encourage their academic pursuits,” said Donna Yanuzzi, Foundation Trustee and Academic Outreach Committee Chair, and Director of Equipment Finance, 1st Equipment Finance (FNCB Bank). “The Foundation is committed to developing future talent in equipment finance, and the scholarship program is a great way to encourage new participants to join our rewarding, innovative and supportive industry.”
The Foundation scholarship program is an outgrowth of the success of the Foundation’s Guest Lecture Program, a long-standing component of its Academic Outreach Program, in which industry professionals volunteer to lecture at colleges and universities about the equipment finance industry and its possible career paths.
To learn more or to apply for a scholarship, visit https://www.leasefoundation.org/academic-programs/home/scholarship-program/.
ABOUT THE FOUNDATION
The Equipment Leasing & Finance Foundation is a 501c3 non-profit organization that propels the equipment finance sector—and its people—forward through industry-specific knowledge, intelligence, and programs that contribute to industry innovation, individual careers, and the overall betterment of the equipment leasing and finance industry. The Foundation is funded through charitable individual and corporate donations. Learn more at www.leasefoundation.org.
Media contact: Charlie Visconage, email@example.com