The Equipment Leasing & Finance Foundation is dedicated to inspiring thoughtful innovation and contributing to the betterment of the equipment leasing and finance industry. As part of our academic outreach efforts, we seek to assist students interested in the equipment leasing industry to defray the cost of college expenses. Scholarships are offered each year for students at an accredited institution of the student’s choice.
The application period for 2020 has closed. Scholarship recipients will be notified in July.
Applicants must meet all of the following requirements in order to be considered for this scholarship:
- Be a full-time undergraduate student, or full-time or part-time graduate student, as defined by the accredited educational institution they are attending;
- Have completed the equivalent of at least two years of full-time college course work, earned 50 percent of the credit hours required for graduation, or have completed an associate’s degree from an accredited educational institution;
- Have declared his/her/their major course work to be in the field of business, economics, finance, or a related discipline;
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Students with recommendations from professionals in the equipment finance industry will be given preference.
For questions, please contact Stephanie Fisher at email@example.com.
Up to three scholarships, in the amount $5,000 each, may be awarded annually for tuition and fees to an accredited educational institution. Disbursement of scholarships will be made directly to the applicant’s accredited educational institution. Scholarships are not renewable, however, a recipient may reapply annually.
The first 100 applications received will be considered. Pending verification of enrollment, payments will be disbursed directly to the educational institution.
A selection committee comprised of industry professionals and academics will make selection of the eligible candidates based upon:
- Merit – Do the students’ educational goals align with the Foundation’ s mission?
- Grade Point Average
- Involvement in additional academic achievements, extracurricular activities, and other leadership role
- Letter(s) of recommendation*
*recommendations from professionals in the equipment finance industry are preferred
The Equipment Leasing & Finance Foundation is an equal-opportunity organization and applications are considered without regard to the age, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, political affiliation—or any other classification protected by law—of the author. The Foundation encourages the diversity of perspective and experience that result in a holistic view of the ever-evolving challenges and opportunities that face the equipment finance industry. As such, all interested students are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
For more information, please review the Foundation's Professional Code of Conduct.