The Equipment Leasing & Finance Foundation offers a scholarship program for students interested in the equipment finance industry. Up to five scholarships of $5,000 each are awarded annually to full-time undergraduate or graduate students focusing on business, economics, finance, or a related discipline.
We are pleased to annouce the recipients of the 2022 Equipment Leasing & Finance Foundation Scholarship Program. Five outstanding students will receive scholarships of $5,000 for the 2022-2023 academic year.
The recipients are:
Peyton Brady, a senior at the University of Iowa majoring in finance, set to graduate in December 2022. She is a summer intern at GreatAmerica Financial Services working in credit analysis.
Charles McCauley, a senior at Towson University majoring in business and finance. A former marine, he is set to graduate in December.
Delaney Poore, a junior at Cal State University, Fullerton majoring in business administration with a concentration in finance is set to graduate in 2024. She is currently an intern at LEAF Commercial Capital.
Abigail Ferenz, a senior majoring in management information systems, technology innovation, and marketing at Drexel University is set to graduate in 2023. She is currently interning at Accenture.
Ethan Jenkins, an international business and finance major set to graduate from the University of Maryland in December. He is currently a summer intern at Ally Financial.
Applicants must meet all of the following requirements in order to be considered for this scholarship:
- Be a full-time undergraduate student or full-time or part-time graduate student as defined by the accredited educational institution they are attending;
- Have completed the equivalent of at least two years of full-time college course work by summer 2022, earned 50 percent of the credit hours required for graduation, or have completed an associate’s degree from an accredited educational institution;
- Have declared his/her/their major course work to be in the field of business, economics, finance, or a related discipline;
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Students with recommendations from professionals in the equipment finance industry will be given preference.
A selection committee comprised of industry professionals and academics will make selection of the eligible candidates based upon:
- Academic achievement, involvement in extracurricular activities, and other leadership roles.
- Declared interest in the equipment finance industry.
- Financial need.
- Applicants must submit the following information for consideration:
- Completed application.
- Official transcript showing the cumulative Grade Point Average.
- A brief letter of intent (600 words or less) indicating and how/why the student developed interest in the equipment finance industry, career goals and financial need. (You can also submit a short video to meet this requirement).
- CV which includes brief description of additional academic achievements, extracurricular activities, and leadership roles to be considered.
- A letter (s) of recommendation from a teacher, employer, business or civic leader, or member of the clergy. Up to three letters will be accepted.
*recommendations from professionals in the equipment finance industry are preferred.
Up to five scholarships, in the amount $5,000 each, may be awarded annually for tuition and fees to an accredited educational institution. Disbursement of scholarships will be made directly to the applicant’s accredited educational institution. Scholarships are not renewable, however, a recipient may reapply annually.
Pending verification of enrollment, payments will be disbursed directly to the educational institution.
For questions, please contact Stephanie Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Equipment Leasing & Finance Foundation is an equal-opportunity organization and applications are considered without regard to the age, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, political affiliation—or any other classification protected by law—of the author. The Foundation encourages the diversity of perspective and experience that result in a holistic view of the ever-evolving challenges and opportunities that face the equipment finance industry. As such, all interested students are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
For more information, please review the Foundation's Professional Code of Conduct.