The Foundation is pleased to announce that three outstanding students are recipients of 2021 the Equipment Leasing & Finance Foundation Scholarship. Each student will receive a scholarship of $5,000 for the 2021-2022 academic year.
The 2021 scholarship recipients are:
- Dawson Jones, a finance major with a focus on supply chain management, set to graduate from the University of Maryland College Park in May 2022. He is currently an intern at Avascent, an aerospace and defense consulting firm. Jones previously completed an internship on Capitol Hill in the office of Rep. Andy Harris (MD-01).
- Madison McCully, a finance major at Penn State University, is set to graduate in May 2022. She is currently interning with FNB in their Equipment Finance and Leasing Division and plans to pursue a career in the equipment finance industry upon graduation.
- Jagatvir Singh, a business major at the University of Maryland College Park, is set to graduate in December 2021. In addition to his interest in the equipment finance industry, he works to develop strategies to improve deaf students’ success in academic and workplace settings.
The Equipment Leasing & Finance Foundation is dedicated to inspiring thoughtful innovation and contributing to the betterment of the equipment leasing and finance industry. As part of our academic outreach efforts, we seek to assist students interested in the equipment leasing industry to defray the cost of college expenses. Scholarships are offered each year for students at an accredited institution of the student’s choice.
Check out information about our previous Scholarship recipients here.
Applicants must meet all of the following requirements in order to be considered for this scholarship:
- Be a full-time undergraduate student or full/ part time graduate student as defined by the accredited educational institution they are attending;
- Have completed the equivalent of at least two years of full-time college course work by summer 2021, earned 50 percent of the credit hours required for graduation, or have completed an associate’s degree from an accredited educational institution;
- Have declared his/her/their major course work to be in the field of business, economics, finance, or a related discipline;
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Students with recommendations from professionals in the equipment finance industry will be given preference.
Applicants must submit the following information for consideration:
- Completed application.
- Official transcript showing the cumulative Grade Point Average.
- A brief letter of intent (600 words or less) indicating and how/why the student developed interest in the equipment finance industry, career goals and financial need. (You can also submit a short video to meet this requirement).
- CV which includes brief description of additional academic achievements, extracurricular activities, and leadership roles to be considered.
- A letter (s) of recommendation from a teacher, employer, business or civic leader, or member of the clergy. Up to three letters will be accepted.
*recommendations from professionals in the equipment finance industry are preferred.
Up to three scholarships, in the amount $5,000 each, may be awarded annually for tuition and fees to an accredited educational institution. Disbursement of scholarships will be made directly to the applicant’s accredited educational institution. Scholarships are not renewable, however, a recipient may reapply annually.
The first 100 applications received will be considered. Pending verification of enrollment, payments will be disbursed directly to the educational institution.
For questions, please contact Stephanie Fisher at email@example.com.
A selection committee comprised of industry professionals and academics will make selection of the eligible candidates based upon:
- Academic achievement, involvement in extracurricular activities, and other leadership roles.
- Declared interest in the equipment finance industry.
- Financial need.
The Equipment Leasing & Finance Foundation is an equal-opportunity organization and applications are considered without regard to the age, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, political affiliation—or any other classification protected by law—of the author. The Foundation encourages the diversity of perspective and experience that result in a holistic view of the ever-evolving challenges and opportunities that face the equipment finance industry. As such, all interested students are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
For more information, please review the Foundation's Professional Code of Conduct.