The Equipment Leasing & Finance Foundation offers a scholarship program for students interested in the equipment finance industry. In 2024, the Equipment Leasing & Finance Foundation will grant ten outstanding students scholarships of $5,000 for the 2024-2025 academic year.
The 2024 application cycle is now open for applications. The deadline to apply is May 10.
- Be a full-time undergraduate student or graduate student as defined by the accredited educational institution they are attending;
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Students with recommendations from professionals in the equipment finance industry will be given preference.
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit the following information for consideration:
- Official transcript showing the cumulative Grade Point Average.
- A brief letter of intent (600 words or less) indicating and how/why the student developed interest in the equipment finance industry, career goals and financial need. (You can also submit a short video to meet this requirement).
- CV which includes brief description of additional academic achievements, extracurricular activities, and leadership roles to be considered.
- Letters of recommendation from a teacher, employer, business or civic leader, or member of the clergy. Up to three letters will be accepted.
- *recommendations from professionals in the equipment finance industry are preferred.
Up to ten scholarships, in the amount $5,000 each, may be awarded annually for tuition and fees to an accredited educational institution. Disbursement of scholarships will be made directly to the applicant’s accredited educational institution. Scholarships are not renewable, however, a recipient may reapply annually. Pending verification of enrollment, payments will be disbursed directly to the educational institution.
A selection committee comprised of industry professionals and academics will make selection of the eligible candidates based upon:
- Academic achievement, involvement in extracurricular activities, and other leadership roles
- Internship experience
- Declared interest in the equipment finance industry
- Financial need
The Equipment Leasing & Finance Foundation is an equal-opportunity organization and applications are considered without regard to the age, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, political affiliation—or any other classification protected by law—of the author. The Foundation encourages the diversity of perspective and experience that result in a holistic view of the ever-evolving challenges and opportunities that face the equipment finance industry. As such, all interested students are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
For more information, please review the Foundation's Professional Code of Conduct.