Washington, DC, March 10, 2020 –The Equipment Leasing & Finance Foundation (Foundation) has announced a new scholarship program for students interested in pursuing a career in the equipment finance industry. Up to three scholarships of $5,000 each will be awarded annually to full-time undergraduate or full-time or part-time graduate students majoring in business, economics, finance, or a related discipline. The Equipment Leasing & Finance Foundation Scholarship is the newest addition to the Foundation’s academic outreach program.
“The establishment of the Foundation’s scholarship program, yet another way the Foundation is focusing on the future of the equipment finance industry, has the potential to be game-changing by consistently encouraging talented students to pursue a career in equipment finance,” said Scott Thacker, Foundation Chair and Chief Executive Officer of Ivory Consulting Corporation.
The scholarship program is an outgrowth of the success of the Foundation’s guest lecture program, in which industry professionals volunteer to lecture at colleges and universities about the equipment finance industry and its possible career paths. Offering scholarships is a logical evolution of the Foundation’s involvement with students and promotes the industry as an attractive career option.
“When our guest lecture volunteers have the opportunity to introduce students to our industry, it shows a real commitment to offer them financial support, as well,” said Zack Marsh, Foundation Academic Outreach Committee Chair and CFO of Orion First Financial, LLC. “The scholarships are another way the Foundation is paying it forward to make a lasting impact.”
To be eligible for consideration for a scholarship in 2020, candidates must submit their applications online by May 15, 2020, and must:
- Be a full-time undergraduate student, or full-time or part-time graduate student, as defined by the accredited educational institution they are attending;
- Have completed the equivalent of at least two years of full-time college course work, earned 50 percent of the credit hours required for graduation, or have completed an associate’s degree from an accredited educational institution;
- Have declared his/her/their major course work to be in the field of business, economics, finance, or a related discipline;
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Students with recommendations from professionals in the equipment finance industry will be given preference.
To learn more or to apply for a scholarship, visit https://www.leasefoundation.org/academic-programs/home/scholarship-program/.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
ABOUT THE FOUNDATION
The Equipment Leasing & Finance Foundation is a 501c3 non-profit organization that propels the equipment finance sector and its people forward through industry-specific knowledge, intelligence, and academic outreach programs that contribute to industry innovation, individual careers, and the overall betterment of the $900 billion equipment leasing and finance industry. The Foundation is funded through individual and corporate donations. Learn more at www.leasefoundation.org
Media contact: Anneliese DeDiemar, 202.238.3425, ADeDiemar@leasefoundation.org