Washington, DC, July 28, 2022–The Equipment Leasing & Finance Foundation (Foundation) announces that five outstanding students are recipients of The Equipment Leasing & Finance Foundation Scholarship, a program for students interested in potentially pursuing a career in the equipment finance industry. Each student will receive a scholarship of $5,000 for the 2022-2023 academic year. The Equipment Leasing & Finance Foundation Scholarship is part of the Foundation’s Academic Outreach Program.
The scholarship recipients are:
- Peyton Brady, a senior at the University of Iowa majoring in finance, set to graduate in December 2022. She is a summer intern at GreatAmerica Financial Services working in credit analysis.
- Abigail Ferenz, a senior majoring in management information systems, technology innovation, and marketing at Drexel University is set to graduate in 2023. She is currently interning at Accenture.
- Ethan Jenkins, an international business and finance major set to graduate from the University of Maryland in December. He is currently a summer intern at Ally Financial.
- Charles McCauley, a senior at Towson University majoring in business and finance. A former marine, he is set to graduate in December.
- Delaney Poore, a junior at Cal State University, Fullerton majoring in business administration with a concentration in finance is set to graduate in 2024. She is currently an intern at LEAF Commercial Capital.
“I’m delighted to congratulate this year’s Foundation scholarship recipients, and so pleased that the Foundation can help support them in their academic endeavors,” said Donna Yanuzzi, Foundation Trustee and Academic Outreach Committee Chair, and SVP – Director of Equipment Finance, 1st Equipment Finance. “The Foundation scholarship program is one of the many ways our industry is paying it forward to make a lasting impact on the future.”
The Foundation scholarship program is an outgrowth of the success of the Foundation’s Guest Lecture Program, a long-standing component of its Academic Outreach Program, in which industry professionals volunteer to lecture at colleges and universities about the equipment finance industry and its possible career paths. Inaugurated in 2020, the scholarship program has been expanded to five scholarship awards this year from three awarded previously.
To learn more or to apply for a scholarship, visit https://www.leasefoundation.org/academic-programs/home/scholarship-program/.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
ABOUT THE FOUNDATION
The Equipment Leasing & Finance Foundation is a 501c3 non-profit organization that propels the equipment finance sector—and its people—forward through industry-specific knowledge, intelligence, and programs that contribute to industry innovation, individual careers, and the overall betterment of the equipment leasing and finance industry. The Foundation is funded through charitable individual and corporate donations. Learn more at www.leasefoundation.org.
Media contact: Charlie Visconage, firstname.lastname@example.org