The Equipment Leasing & Finance Foundation has released the Q1 2020 Equipment Leasing & Finance Industry Snapshot, an indispensable resource for industry participants to incorporate into executive briefings and presentations. The presentation slide deck summarizes the current conditions and projections for the U.S. economy and equipment finance industry with clear, easy-to-digest charts and short narratives of key trends.
Among the range of details in the new release:
• The U.S. economy grew at a moderate 2.1% annualized growth in Q3, driven primarily by a healthy consumer spending annualized growth rate of 2.9%.
• Business investment contracted in Q3, dropping two consecutive quarters for the first time since Q1 2016.
• In addition to declining business investment, other economic headwinds include a continued slowdown in global manufacturing and further deterioration in the global economy.
• A robust labor market and solid consumer base are top economic tailwinds.
• Additional economic factors to watch are unresolved tensions with China, political uncertainty and a sustained homebuilding rebound.
• New business volume growth reported in ELFA’s Monthly Leasing and Finance Index is still on track to beat 2018 levels. In October, new business volume grew at a 13% pace year over year, the fifth month in 2019 it had double-digit YOY growth.
Prepared by Keybridge Research and updated quarterly, the snapshot is available for free download at https://www.leasefoundation.org/industry-resources/industry-snapshot/
Contact: Anneliese DeDiemar, firstname.lastname@example.org