The Equipment Leasing & Finance Foundation has released the Q1 2019 Equipment Leasing & Finance Industry Snapshot, an indispensable resource for industry participants to incorporate into executive briefings and presentations. The presentation slide deck summarizes the current conditions of the U.S. economy and equipment finance industry with clear, easy-to-digest charts and short narratives of key trends.
Among the range of details in the new release:
· The U.S. economy expanded at a 3.5% annualized rate in Q3 2018, easing slightly, but still robust.
· Consumer spending and private inventories were the strongest drivers of growth in Q3.
· Top economic headwinds include increased trade pressures and global credit tightening.
· Business investment slowdown, oil sector uncertainty, continued housing sector weakness and the return to divided government are among additional factors to watch for impact on the economy.
· In October, Monthly Leasing and Finance Index (MLFI-25) new business volume grew at a 6% rate compared to year-ago levels. However, NBV may weaken over the next six months.
Prepared by Keybridge Research and updated quarterly, the snapshot is available for free download at https://www.leasefoundation.org/industry-resources/industry-snapshot/