Opportunity for People to Make a Lasting Impact on the Equipment Finance Industry
Washington, DC, June 5, 2018—The Equipment Leasing & Finance Foundation is designating today a “Day of Giving” for everyone who has ever used a Foundation study or other resource that benefited themselves or their company. The inaugural Day of Giving is intended to remind people that they make a lasting impact on the equipment finance industry by supporting the Foundation’s mission to propel the industry forward. Looking ahead to its 30th anniversary in 2019, the Foundation hopes to attract 30 new individual donors and raise at least $3,000 today.
The Day of Giving campaign will highlight the Foundation’s many resources, which are funded entirely through charitable individuals and corporate donations, including:
• Digital Internship Center, which connects the industry with the next generation workforce;
• Guest Lecture Program that lets industry participants share their stories to introduce students to the equipment finance industry;
• Free Online Library with access to industry-specific products;
• Grant Opportunities which fund studies on key topics for and about the equipment finance industry; and
• Statistical Databases available to approved academics and researchers capturing equipment finance transactions and benchmarking activity to help further industry knowledge.
“The Day of Giving is about giving back to the industry that has given us so much,” said Jeffry Elliott, Senior Managing Director, Huntington Equipment Finance and Foundation Chairman. “We want people to understand their individual contributions to the Foundation, regardless of the amount, make a difference to the body of knowledge and continued growth of the equipment finance industry.”
To help meet its donation goals, the Foundation is asking people to post, share, and retweet its Day of Giving messages on their social media channels (#ELFFGivingDay). In addition to sharing the Foundation’s social media messages, donors are encouraged to share their own reasons why they support the Day of Giving.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
ABOUT THE FOUNDATION
The Equipment Leasing & Finance Foundation is a 501c3 non-profit organization that propels the equipment finance sector—and its people—forward through industry specific knowledge, intelligence, and programs that contribute to industry innovation, individual careers, and the overall betterment of the equipment leasing and finance industry. The Foundation is funded through charitable individual and corporate donations. Learn more at www.leasefoundation.org.
Media contact: Anneliese DeDiemar, 202.238.3425, ADeDiemar@leasefoundation.org